Thursday 18 October 2012

Journal Activity #7

A Guide To Good TV

Today, I would like to speak to you about a TV show that I have been a fan favourite of, for many years. It wasn't a TV series that I particularly enjoyed when it first came on the air, because of its stylistic elements, it has a documentary type feel that took some adjusting too, but when mixed with comedy and a fantastic cast, how can you go wrong?
If you haven't guessed already, I'm talking about "The Office" which has been broadcasted by NBC for the past 8 years, and is current working through its 9th, and sadly, final year. The Office is about the daily lives of a dozen people who work for a paper supply company, based out of Scranton, Pennsylvania. Now, you might think umm.. a 9 season series about a boring paper company? Ill pass. You'll regret it! With a Boss that has no boundaries, an "Assistant to the Regional Manager" who lives on a Beet Farm, and who has a vast knowledge of bears, and the cute receptionist at the front desk, 
can you ask for a better show?
Steve Carrell plays Michael Scott, the Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch. If you do not like Steve Carrell, then you don't know comedy, simple as that. Unfortunately, for personal reasons, Steve had to leave the show after season 7, and as his character held the bulk of the comedy, it had to be passed along to someone else. John Krasinski and Rainn Wilson to full control of that right away. They play to roles of Jim Halpert, and Dwight Schrute, two salesman at the branch. If I was working in this office I assure you I would get absolutely no work done with these two around. They spend all day playing pranks on each other, and I cant stop laughing. Just watch this !
If you don't believe me, IMDB.com gives "The Office" an 8.9/10.
I give it a 10/10. This is my review, and I can!
If you don't believe me or the professionals, check it out for yourself, 10:30 tonight on NBC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment